Thursday, January 05, 2006

San Francisco

When i was little my dad gave me his old scouting books from the 50's in hopes that i would follow in his footsteps and and go the way of the boyscouts. i used to pore of those books teaching myself first aid and how to tie knots and survive in the wilderness. when i was old enough for cubscouts i joined up (he was pretty proud). Scouts was a great bonding experience with my dad and we ended up winning the pinewood derby one year with the aid of a windtunnel and some wind resistant aircraft grade paint (you're the best dad). in addition to schooling people in the pinewood derby, i enjoyed a variety of crafts including underwater basket weaving (which is hella fun by the way if you've never tried it) and learned some important carving techniques for making weapons out of sticks with my ivory handled (plastic) cub scout knife. so what i learned from those golden days was that with a good bit of scouting something out, you will be prepared to take on anything that comes your way. so with that being said, i'm taking a trip to SF where the action is in web 2.0 to make some new friends and to reconnect with some old ones. If you want to kick it while i'm down there drop me a line at brentv@tmail.com. I arrive at 1pm on thursday and leave at about the same time on sunday. FYI - Bill Gates was an eagle scout and he's pretty damned prepared if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home