Saturday, January 28, 2006

I patiently wait...

If you have read this blog in the past you have probably picked up on the fact that i'm obsessed with snowboarding. Yes, it's kind of a sickness. But it makes me so happy. I love being up in the mountains. I like the cold. I even like the wet. But most of all i like carving big lines through untracked cold fluffy powder snow. And not the 32 degree kind of powder, but the 24 degree powder or colder. and not the kind that sits on top of a sheet of ice. right now there is 17" of cold dry powder sitting on top of some fresh snow that fell over the last few weeks. and i sit here and wait patiently. my bag is packed and my clothes are laid out, and much like a fireman i'm waiting for the call and i'll slip on my clothes in one fell swoop and slide down the firepole. i wait for the people who don't love snowboarding as much as me who drive 4 wheel drive vehicles that will never see anything remotely offroad. it's very sad. if you want to stunt with a flashy ride that sits on 22's buy a car that isn't made for offroad or live somewhere where you can't go offroad. and to all the peeps with jeeps, you know who you are and you have no excuse, let's go out and do the sport we all enjoy. with 17" of snow sitting on top of fresh snow, it is your duty to be up there. so patiently (or maybe not so patiently... ) i wait. surfs up you bitches, let's ride....

snow report
road report

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home